EQStar LOSMANDY is an equatorial mount drive upgrade kit designed to automate the control of the equatorial mount. It can be used in stand-alone mode and in a control mode using a computer or mobile device (phone, tablet, etc.)
This kit can be installed on the mounts: LOSMANDY GM8, G11.
On a PC, EQStar controller works with any astronomical programs that support the ASCOM platform. For example, with planetarium Stellarium, Cartes de Ciel, StarCalc and others. Among the programs for astrophotography and guiding, controller EQStar supports MaximDL, Guidemaster, PHDGuiding and others. When you work with a PC, the EQStar controller can automatically find sky objects and track them automatically (guiding) during the astro photography with long exposure. Also, when working with a PC, you must install EQMOD ASCOM-application.
Controlling the telescope with mobile devices allows you to automatically find sky objects. In the planetarium program at the mobile device Celestron or SynScan should be chosen as a control of the telescope, as well as a mount – German equatorial mount. The following programs for mobile devices works with controller EQStar: SkySafari, Orion StarSeek, DSOPlaner and others.
Сontroller EQStar communicate with PC via cable from the standard kit and with the mobile device via Wi-Fi.
Variety of platforms, drivers and applications on which EQStar controller is able to work with gives an opportunity to create a particularly comfortable conditions, depending on the tasks. For example, an astro photographer generally uses a laptop or PC to search, targeting and guiding the object during a long exposure. Such opportunities are mostly programs running under Windows. But for a visual astronomy amateur it is much more convenient to control the mount with a compact mobile device, smartphone or tablet, rather than PC or laptop.
The EQStar controller supplied with a universal joystick for a manual control. It allow you to manage mount autonomously without a computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Mount type: equatorial
- Type of stepper motor: bipolar
- Power supply requirements: 12V, 3A, 5.5mm 2.1mm plug
- The center pin of the power connector is positive
- Smooth acceleration and braking of the stepper motor.
- EQStar equatorial mount control unit
- Joystick for a stand-alone mount control
- DB9-USB cable for connection of EQStar to PC
- Set of cables for the motors connection
- Wi-Fi adapter for mount control from the mobile device
- Stepper motor unit for RA axis
- Stepper motor unit for DEC axis
- Bolts for mounting blocks with motors – 4 pcs.
- Split coupling – 2 pcs.
- Hexagon wrench – 2 pcs.
- CD with software and user manual
Economy worldwide shipping – $23,98