GeminiFi is a wireless adapter for Losmandy Gemini system.
It can be used for a rapid telescope targeting with help of mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets.
Important: GeminiFi requires an external power supply of 12 V.
If you need a WiFi adapter for Losmandy Gemini 2 system, make sure to pick the correct adapter – GeminiFi2.
- Connect GeminiFi WiFi adapter to RS-232 serial port connector and to the 12 V power supply source (before turning on the power of the telescope);
- Turn on the telescope. Then turn on your mobile device Wi-Fi mode and connect to the access point with SSID – «GeminiFi». If device asks for a password during the connection – enter «12345678» and press «OK».
Example of telescope configuration and management with use of SkySafari software:
- Download and install the software. In the main menu, go to «Settings»;
- Scroll down to «Telescope» section and click on «Setup»;
- Select the type of equipment used «Scope Type – Losmandy Gemini» and type of the mount, depends of your setup «Mount Type – Equatorial Goto (German)» or «Alt-Az. GoTo». In «Communication Settings» section select the wireless connection type – «Connect via WiFi»;
- In «IP address» field, enter the IP address that indicated on your GeminiFi WiFi adapter – «192.168.2.x»;
- In «Port» field, enter – «1234»;
- Return to the main menu and press «Connect».
If done correctly, you will hear a pleasant sound and the screen will display a crosshair with concentric circles which indicates the direction of the telescope viewing. On each side there will be the buttons that allow you to move the telescope along the axes of the mount.
You can direct the telescope at the objects by using a SkySafari objects database now. In order to do this use search – «Search» button, select an object from the list and press «GoTo» button. It is also possible to direct the telescope at an object on the screen. You need to click on it first and press «GoTo» after. For more details about how to use all features of the SkySafari software please visit SkySafari official website.
Successful observations and dark sky! Thank you for choosing GeminiFi.