Gemini2BT – it is wireless module for telescope control system Gemini 2, which is used to control the mount Losmandy.
It can be used for rapid targeting telescope with mobile devices.
IMPORTANT: For Bluetooth i adapter Gemini2BT no external power supply or batteries are required to power the Bluetooth module!
This Bluetooth adapter provides full wireless control of the telescope mount from a laptop or PC, also works with the SkySafari, Orion StarSeek 4 4.4.4 application for mobile devices.
- Connect your Bluetooth module Gemini2BT to RS-232 serial port connector before turning the power of the telescope.
2.Turn on power on the mount.
- Then on your PC or mobile device, connect to an Bluetooth device – Gemini2BT. During the connection, the device asks for the password – enter the string “1234” and click OK.
Telescope control on the sample program SKY SAFARI:
- After downloading the program, go to Settings, «Settings» button.
- Scroll down to «Telescope» section and click on the «Setup» button.
- Select the type of equipment used «Scope Type – Losmandy Gemini» and type mount «Mount Type – Equatorial Goto (German)», if you select the azimuthal mount, respectively, «Alt-Az. GoTo », also select the wireless connection type in Section Communication Settings -« Connect via Bluetooth» .
- Return to the main menu and press the Connect button.
If done correctly, you will hear a pleasant sound, and the screen will display a crosshair with concentric circles showing where looking telescope, and on each side there will be buttons move the telescope along the axes of the mount.
You can now direct the telescope at the object using a large database of celestial objects Sky Safari. For this use search – «Search» button and select an item from the list, then click «GoTo». It is also possible to direct the telescope at an object on the screen. For this you need to click first on it and then on the button «GoTo». For more details how to use all the features of the program, see official Sky Safari website .
Shipping – $6.98