StarBt is a wireless adapter for telescope control systems such as Celestron. Compatible with any telescope controlled by NexStar telescope control system.
It can be used for a rapid telescope targeting with help of mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets.
Important: No external power supply or batteries required to power up this bluetooth adapter!
This bluetooth adapter is not supported by devices operating under the iOS operating system. For these devices, we recommend to use StarFi WiFi adapter.
This Bluetooth adapter provides full wireless control of the telescope mount from a laptop or PC, also works with the SkySafari, STELLARIUM MOBILE PLUS, Orion StarSeek 4 4.4.4 application for mobile devices.
To get started:
1. Before turning on the power of the telescope, connect the Bluetooth adapter StarBt in connector RS-232 serial port on the hand controller and in AUX port on the mount.
To connect the adapter requires an additional AUX port on your mount.
If your Celestron telescope does not have an additional AUX port, you can order the Aux Port Splitter for Celestron – a compatible 6-pin splitter for branching the connection port of the hand controller. Currently, we know that the following models does not have an AUX port: LCM series и AS-GT (CG-5) Advanced GT series.
Make sure your Celestron NexStar hand controller have a compatible RS232 (RJ9 jack) inferface (located at the bottom of the hand controller) before buying this adapter. StarBt bluetooth adapter can be connected to the hand controller RS232 interface (RJ9 jack) only! It can not work with other interfaces (like miniUSB). If your hand controller have other than RS232 interface (RJ9 jack, located at the bottom of the hand controller) – buy a compatible controller first.
2. Turn the telescope. Spend a standard setting procedure recommended by the manufacturer of the telescope, namely enter into the remote location coordinates of observation,
the current time and make alignment the telescope at the stars. Then turn on your mobile device Bluetooth mode and connect with StarBt Bluetooth adapter. During the connection,
the device prompts you to enter the password – enter “1234” line and press OK.
Example of telescope configuration and management with use of SkySafari software:
- Download and install the software. In the main menu, go to «Settings»;
- Scroll down to «Telescope» section and click on «Setup»;
- Select the type of equipment used «Scope Type – Celestron ***» and type of the mount, depends of your setup «Mount Type – Equatorial Goto (German)» or «Alt-Az. GoTo». In «Communication Settings» section select the wireless connection type – «Connect via bluetooth»;
- Return to the main menu and press «Connect».
If done correctly, you will hear a pleasant sound and the screen will display a crosshair with concentric circles which indicates the direction of the telescope viewing. On each side there will be the buttons that allow you to move the telescope along the axes of the mount.
You can direct the telescope at the objects by using a SkySafari objects database now. In order to do this use search – «Search» button, select an object from the list and press «GoTo» button. It is also possible to direct the telescope at an object on the screen. You need to click on it first and press «GoTo» after. For more details about how to use all features of the SkySafari software please visit SkySafari official website.
In order to improve the quality of the product, the manufacturer reserves the right to make changes to the design and equipment without notifying users.
Successful observations and dark sky! Thank you for choosing StarBt.
Economy worldwide shipping – $6.98
Shipment within 5-7 business days after payment day.