GeminiFi 1 – this is wireless module for telescope control systems Gemini 1, which is used to control the mount Losmandy.
It can be used for rapid targeting telescope with mobile devices.
IMPORTANT: For Wi-Fi adapter Gemini1 requires an external power supply 12V.
The WiFi module settings are made from the WEB interface.
The WiFi module works as an access point and can be used to connect all your astro devices to a single network!
Also, the WiFi adapter can operate in local station mode.
This WiFi adapter provides full wireless control of the telescope mount from a laptop or PC, also works with the SkySafari, Orion StarSeek 4 4.4.4 application for mobile devices.
To use the adapter on a PC, you must create a TCP-COM port bridge. HW Virtual Serial Port software creates a TCP-COM bridge allow Windows based astronomical aplications comunicate throught WIFi moduls.
TO GET STARTED:
- Connect your WiFi module GeminiFi in RS-232 serial port connector before turning the power of the telescope.
- Turn the telescope. Then turn on your mobile device WiFi mode and connect to the access point with SSID -GeminiFi . If the device asks for a password during the connection – enter the line “12345678” and click “OK”.
Telescope control on the sample of program SKY SAFARI:
- After downloading the program, go to Settings, «Settings» button.
- Scroll down to «Telescope» section and click on the «Setup» button.
- Select the type of equipment used «Scope Type – Losmandy Gemini» and type mount «Mount Type – Equatorial Goto (German)», if you select the azimuthal mount, respectively, «Alt-Az. GoTo », also select the wireless connection type in Section Communication Settings -« Connect via WiFi ».
- In IP address, type the address (192.168.2.x) indicated on your GeminiFi module.
- In the Port field, enter – 1234.
- Return to the main menu and press the Connect button.
If done correctly, you will hear a pleasant sound, and the screen will display a crosshair with concentric circles showing where looking telescope, and on each side there will be buttons move the telescope along the axes of the mount.
You can now direct the telescope at the object using a large database of celestial objects Sky Safari. For this use search – «Search» button and select an item from the list, then click «GoTo». It is also possible to direct the telescope at an object on the screen. For this you need to click first on it and then on the button «GoTo». For more details how to use all the features of the program, see its official websiteSky Safari.
In order to improve the quality of the product, the manufacturer reserves the right to make changes to the design and equipment without notifying users.
Successful observations and dark sky! Thank you for choosing GeminiFi1.
Economy worldwide shipping – $6.98
Shipment within 3-5 business days after payment day.