TronFi is a wireless adapter for wireless control of iOptron telescopes.
This WiFi adapter provides full wireless control of the telescope mount from a laptop or PC. It can be used for a rapid telescope targeting with help of mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets. Also works with the SkySafari, Orion StarSeek 4 4.4.4 application for mobile devices.
The WiFi module settings are made from the WEB interface.
After connecting your computer to TronFi WIFI network, you can use iOptron Commander to control the mount. Also you can use ASCOM compatible software to control the mount.
To use the adapter on a PC, you must create a TCP-COM port bridge.
HW Virtual Serial Port software creates a TCP-COM bridge allow Windows based astronomical aplications comunicate throught WIFi moduls.
ATTENTION: the adapter requires an external power source of 5 – 23V.
If the mount has an additional HBX or PORT (AUX) port, then the WiFi adapter can be powered from these ports via a special RJ12 to DC Male Jack Plug Connector. This converter is not included in the standard package. Therefore, if you need it, write to us about it and we will complete the TronFi WiFi adapter with this converter.
The WiFi module works as an access point and can be used to connect all your astro devices to a single network!
Also, the WiFi adapter can operate in local station mode.
- Connect TronFi WiFi adapter to RS-232 serial port and to the 5 – 15 V power supply source (before turning on the power of the telescope);
- Turn on the telescope. Spend a standard setting procedure recommended by the manufacturer of the telescope, namely enter into the remote location coordinates of observation, the current time and make alignment the telescope at the stars. Then turn on your mobile device Wi-Fi mode and connect to the access point with SSID – «TronFi». If device asks for a password during the connection – enter «12345678» and press «OK».
Example of telescope configuration and management with use of SkySafari software:
- Download and install the software. In the main menu, go to «Settings»;
- Scroll down to «Telescope» section and click on «Setup»;
- Select the type of equipment used «Scope Type – iOptron» and type of the mount, depends of your setup «Mount Type – Equatorial Goto (German)» or «Alt-Az. GoTo». In «Communication Settings» section select the wireless connection type – «Connect via WiFi»;
- In «IP address» field, enter the IP address that indicated on your TronFi WiFi adapter – «192.168.2.x»;
- In «Port» field, enter – «1234»;
- Return to the main menu and press «Connect».
If done correctly, you will hear a pleasant sound and the screen will display a crosshair with concentric circles which indicates the direction of the telescope viewing. On each side there will be the buttons that allow you to move the telescope along the axes of the mount.
You can direct the telescope at the objects by using a SkySafari objects database now. In order to do this use search – «Search» button, select an object from the list and press «GoTo» button. It is also possible to direct the telescope at an object on the screen. You need to click on it first and press «GoTo» after. For more details about how to use all features of the SkySafari software please visit SkySafari official website.
Currently supported mounts:
iOptron iEQ45/30 Pro
iOptron iEQ45/30 w/8407 HC
iOptron iEQ45 w/8406 HC
iOptron Cube II/CubePro w/8408 HC
iOptron SmartEQ Pro+
iOptron SmartEQ/SmartEQ Pro
In order to improve the quality of the product, the manufacturer reserves the right to make changes to the design and equipment without notifying users.
Successful observations and dark sky! Thank you for choosing TronFi.
Economy worldwide shipping – $8.98
Shipment within 5-7 business days after payment day.