ScanFi is a wireless adapter for SynScan telescope control systems which are used to control the mounts of SkyWatcher, ORION telescopes.
It can be used for a rapid telescope targeting with help of mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets.
To use the adapter on a PC, you must create a TCP-COM port bridge.
HW Virtual Serial Port software creates a TCP-COM bridge allow Windows based astronomical aplications comunicate throught WIFi moduls.
Compatible with any telescope controlled by SynScan telescope control system.
Important: No external power supply or batteries required to power up this WiFi adapter!
Adapter settings are made from the web interface. It works as an access point and can be used in order to connect all of your astronomy devices into a single network!
- Connect your ScanFi WiFi adapter to SynScan RS-232 serial port before power up the telescope;
The RS-232 port (rj12 connector) is located on the bottom of the SynScan handheld controller! Do not plug the adapter into other connectors, this may damage it!
- Turn on the power of the telescope. Proceed through the standart installation procedure which recommended by the manufacturer of the telescope: enter the observation coordinates into the remote location, current time and make the telescope alignment by the stars. Connect to SSID «ScanFi» on your mobile device. If device asks for a password during the connection – enter «12345678» and press «OK».
Example of telescope configuration and management with use of SkySafari software:
- Download and install the software. In the main menu, go to «Settings»;
- Scroll down to «Telescope» section and click on «Setup»;
- Select the type of equipment used «Scope Type – SynScan» and type of the mount, depends of your setup «Mount Type – Equatorial Goto (German)» or «Alt-Az. GoTo». In «Communication Settings» section select the wireless connection type – «Connect via WiFi»;
- In «IP address» field, enter the IP address that indicated on your ScanFi WiFi adapter – «192.168.2.x»;
- In «Port» field, enter – «1234»;
- Return to the main menu and press «Connect».
If done correctly, you will hear a pleasant sound and the screen will display a crosshair with concentric circles which indicates the direction of the telescope viewing. On each side there will be the buttons that allow you to move the telescope along the axes of the mount.
You can direct the telescope at the objects by using a SkySafari objects database now. In order to do this use search – «Search» button, select an object from the list and press «GoTo» button. It is also possible to direct the telescope at an object on the screen. You need to click on it first and press «GoTo» after. For more details about how to use all features of the SkySafari software please visit SkySafari official website.
Successful observations and dark sky! Thank you for choosing ScanFi.
View the product description in PDF: ScanFi WiFi adapter
In order to improve the quality of the product, the manufacturer reserves the right to make changes to the design and equipment without notifying users.
Economy worldwide shipping – $6.98
Shipment within 5-7 business days after payment day.