AutoBt is a wireless adapter for telescope control systems such as Meade ETX, LX90, LXD. Compatible with any telescope controlled by AutoStar telescope control system.
It can be used for a rapid telescope targeting with help of mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets.
Important: No external power supply or batteries required to power up this bluetooth adapter!
This bluetooth module is not supported by devices operating under the iOS operating system. For these devices, we recommend to use AutoFi WiFi adapter.
- Connect AutoBt bluetooth adapter to RS-232 serial port on the hand controller and to AUX port on the mount (before turning on the power of the telescope);
- Turn on the power of the telescope. On your mobile device, turn on Bluetooth mode and connect to the bluetooth adapter. If device asks for a password during the connection – enter «1234» and press «OK».
Example of telescope configuration and management with use of SkySafari software:
- Download and install the software. In the main menu, go to «Settings»;
- Scroll down to «Telescope» section and click on «Setup»;
- Select the type of equipment used «Scope Type – Meade ***» and type of the mount, depends of your setup «Mount Type – Equatorial Goto (German)» or «Alt-Az. GoTo». In «Communication Settings» section select the wireless connection type – «Connect via bluetooth»;
- Return to the main menu and press «Connect».
If done correctly, you will hear a pleasant sound and the screen will display a crosshair with concentric circles which indicates the direction of the telescope viewing. On each side there will be the buttons that allow you to move the telescope along the axes of the mount.
You can direct the telescope at the objects by using a SkySafari objects database now. In order to do this use search – «Search» button, select an object from the list and press «GoTo» button. It is also possible to direct the telescope at an object on the screen. You need to click on it first and press «GoTo» after. For more details about how to use all features of the SkySafari software please visit SkySafari official website.
ATTENTION: in some mounts MEADE LX65 and MEADE LX85 in the AUX connector, the polarity of the 12V contacts is reversed. For the adapter to work in this case, an AUX polarity converter is required.
Please check this and if the polarity is reversed in your mount, then you need to order the AUX polarity converter.
In order to improve the quality of the product, the manufacturer reserves the right to make changes to the design and equipment without notifying users.
Successful observations and dark sky! Thank you for choosing AutoBt.
Economy worldwide shipping – $6.98
Shipment within 3-5 business days after payment day.